Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy hamburger beef stroganoff recipe takes 20 minutes to make and is a huge hit with the teens. Cooked ground beef is seasoned, tossed with cooked pasta, and made creamy with sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. Add fresh parsley to garnish if desired. Total comfort food that will feed a hungry family.
Tips for Making Homemade Beef Stroganoff
While not overly healthy, this is one of my families favorite ground beef recipes. And I love that it takes about 20 minutes to make. Happy mom, happy family.
So, here are a few basic tips for making this beef stroganoff with sour cream:
- I use elbow macaroni. They cook fast and since they are small, everything holds well together.
- Use a lean ground beef. If you don’t, make sure to drain the cooked ground beef or your final dish will be greasy.
- Spices are flexible. I keep it simple with dried oregano, salt and pepper go light on the salt since you are using a canned soup in it.
- I go with organic whenever I can but it isn’t required. Do what your budget can handle.
- Add more or less sour cream depending on how creamy you want it. Amounts are flexible.
How to make this beef stroganoff with sour cream
This dinner recipe is so easy to make, even my teenagers can do it alone when I tell them they have to of course!
First things first, boil the pasta. While that is cooking, saute the ground beef until it is no longer pink. If there is a lot of grease, drain and rinse under hot water and return to the pan.
Season as desired. I use salt, pepper and dried oregano. Once the ground beef it cooked, add in the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan. Mix everything together. Plate and top with fresh parsley if you have it.
Thats it! Your very basic beef stroganoff recipe is finished and you can feed your family. Make extra if you want leftovers since it reheats well. You can keep this in the refrigerator for several days in a covered container. Don’t leave it uncovered or it will dry out.
Hamburger Stroganoff Recipe
Need a quick and comforting weeknight dinner? This is the best beef stroganoff recipe ever and QUICK! Ground beef, sour cream and pasta combine in 20 minutes for am easy dinner your whole family will love.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- fresh parsley to garnish if desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, saute ground beef in a frying pan on medium heat until cooked through. Drain and rinse if necessary.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. Stir until combined.
- Pour drained pasta into pan with beef. Stir until everything is coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 961mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 38g
Nutrition information not always accurate
I wear many hats in this thing called life. I am a science geek, an introvert, a busy mother of teens and slightly neurotic about dirty dishes. I used to have a really important sounding job in cancer research when I decided to give it all up to be a stay at home mom. I played with Playdough, colored pictures of Barbies and freaked out when the baby ate dog food. Then the second kid came along and I started to think dog food might have nutritional value. What is Fractionated Living? It is me…divided by work, life, kids, marriage, and hobbies and trying to come up with the answer to life.