Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
This fresh corn fritter recipe is loaded with corn right off the cob. Add red onion, parsley, and plenty of cheese to the mix for a crispy outside and flavorful inside!
Cheesy corn fritters are a vegetable, right?
So, I am trying to eat more vegetables but it’s hard. I don’t have any desire to snack on them and I’m not eating them for breakfast so that leaves lunch and dinner.
I am trying to serve TWO vegetables with dinner to increase our veggie intake. But, I really just crave CARBS and not fresh vegetables some days. So, these crispy corn fritters are my balance between fresh vegetable and soul satisfying carb heavy side dish!
Homemade corn fritter ingredients are totally flexible!
So, my corn recipe search started simply enough. I had corn on the cob. I wanted to make a side dish out of it. I searched Pinterest for corn recipes. of course, what came up was a whole bunch of corn recipes that I didn’t have the ingredients for. Ok, I can fix that!
Found a homemade fritter recipe that uses cilantro, green onions, and lime juice. They looked good. However, I didn’t have any of those ingredients. Instead, I made these corn fritters with cornmeal using ingredients I DID have!
Chopped up red onion, parsley (from the garden!), and added buttermilk to the batter instead of lime juice. Mix in some spices and a blend of cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and fry on a non stick griddle. (that way you can cook them all at once!) After that, serve with a dollop of sour cream. VOILA! Old fashioned corn fritters with a twist!
Fresh Corn Fritter Recipe
These cheesy corn fritters are one corn recipe you will make over and over again. Homemade fritters like this are a great way to serve fresh vegetables to picky eaters. Or, just load your plate high when you are craving cheesy carbs when your hormones are out of control.
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels (i used 4 small ears of corn)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup course corn meal
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp each black pepper, salt, garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 4 TBS or so of Buttermilk (enough so the better holds together slightly and isn't dry)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently until everything holds together slightly.
- Head a non stick skillet to medium
- Take about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of corn fritter batter and shape into a loose ball. Press together slightly. You are trying to make sure it doesn't fall apart when cooking.
- Place on the griddle and press down slightly.
- Don't move the fritter too much!
- Let cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on one side. It will get crispy and slightly brown.
- Flip gently and cook the other side another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
I wear many hats in this thing called life. I am a science geek, an introvert, a busy mother of teens and slightly neurotic about dirty dishes. I used to have a really important sounding job in cancer research when I decided to give it all up to be a stay at home mom. I played with Playdough, colored pictures of Barbies and freaked out when the baby ate dog food. Then the second kid came along and I started to think dog food might have nutritional value. What is Fractionated Living? It is me…divided by work, life, kids, marriage, and hobbies and trying to come up with the answer to life.